- The Privacy Philosophy of Snoox
- Collection of Personal Information
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share Your Personal Information
- How You Can Protect Your Privacy
- Reviewing and Updating Your Personal Information
- Opt-Out Options and Unsubscribing.
- Business Transfers
- How to Contact Us
The Privacy Philosophy of Snoox
Your privacy is important to Snoox. Therefore, we have chosen to undertake appropriate safeguards to protect our users' account information. Nevertheless, Snoox cannot, unfortunately, guarantee the security of users' account information because factors such as hardware and software failure, unauthorized access to our servers or our users' accounts, and other factors, may compromise the security of our users' account information. We welcome any comments and suggestions for improvement at: support@Snoox.com
Collection of Personal Information
We collect information in three basic ways:
- We collect information that you voluntarily provide to become a registered user of our Service, and when you use certain aspects of our Service (e.g., entering an email address on a form to send an email from your Snoox account).
- We collect information when you register to join Snoox by logging into an account that you already have with certain third-party social networking sites (“SNS”) (including, but not limited to, Facebook) via our Service. For example, our Service allows you to create an account and login to the Service using your Facebook account credentials through Facebook Connect. If you are not currently registered as a User on the Service and you click on “Sign in Using Connect with Facebook,” you will first be asked to enter your Facebook credentials and then be given the option to register and join Snoox.
- When you browse or use our Service, technological tools including “Log Data” and “Cookies” collect certain information, as explained in the following section.
What information we collect
Personal Information. When you register with us through the Service to become a registered User of Snoox, we will ask you for certain information about you that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, gender, profile photo, free-form biography, location/hometown, website and email address. If you decide toWhen creating your User account by logging into a SNS via the Service, you are using the Personal Information you have already provided to the SNS (such as your “real” name, email address and other information you make publicly available via the SNS) to create your User account on our Service; the information we collect may depend on the privacy settings you have with the SNS, so please consult the SNS’s privacy and data practices.
We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your “Non-Identifying Information,” see below) to provide the Service to you. For example:
- Account registration. We create your User account for your use of the Service based upon the Personal Information you provide.
- Communications. We use your Personal Information to contact you with Snoox newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your “preferences” information in your account settings.
- Customer service. We use your Personal Information to respond to your questions and/or inquiries.
- Finding friends. we will import your personal contacts (including email addresses of friend lists via SNS) to the Service so that you can connect with your friends on the Service, and your friends can find you on the Service.
- Non-Identifying Information. We also collect other information that you provide as part of registration, the operation, and personalization of your displays on Snoox that cannot reasonably be used to identify or contact you (e.g., without limitation, age and individual preferences) (“Non-Identifying Information”). Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be personally identified or contacted. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other Non-Identifying Information (for example, your viewing preferences).
- Log Data. When you visit the Service, whether as a registered User or a non-registered User just browsing, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as the browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Service, pages of our Service that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Service, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Service and the Service’s technical administration, to increase our Service’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor our Service to our visitors’ needs. For example, some of this information is collected so that when you visit the Service again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the Service meet the criteria required to process their requests.
How We Share Your Personal Information
- Snoox Users. When you register through the Service and submit Personal Information to create a profile other Snoox Users will see your name. If you choose to provide additional Personal Information in your profile, Snoox Users will see such additional Personal Information, including, but not limited to, your website and biography. Providing additional Personal Information is voluntary and should correlate with the degree of interaction you want to have with Snoox Users. We recommend that you guard and refrain from disclosing any information you consider sensitive and confidential.
- Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
- Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services (e.g., maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Service’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Social Networking Sites. We may share the information in your Snoox account (including your Personal Information) with social networking sites that you have linked to your Snoox account. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only for this purpose (unless the social networking site has received your Personal Information independently of the Service) and not for other purposes.
- Facebook. Users can post recent activity on our Service back to their Facebook account. You will be prompted to decide whether or not your activity on the Service will be shared and disclosed on your Facebook service. You can disable the foregoing feature at any time through your account settings on Facebook.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Snoox cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We can disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process including, but not limited to, subpoenas, to protect the property and rights of Snoox or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
- Business Transfers. Snoox may sell, divest, transfer, assign, share or otherwise engage in a transaction that involves, some or all of our assets, including any or all of the information described in this Policy, in the course of a corporate divestiture, merger, acquisition, joint venture, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or any other similar transaction or proceeding.
How You Can Protect Your Privacy
You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
- Email Communications. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive email communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your “preferences” information in your account settings
Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your Facebook account linked to your Snoox account, then you may de-link the Facebook account in your Facebook account settings.
- Changing or Deleting Your Information. All Users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their User account (including any imported contacts) by contacting us or by editing their profile via the Service. If you completely delete all of your Personal Information, then your User account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. (For more information on how to control your User Content on the Snoox Service, including information regarding the use and storage of your User Content, please see the “Sharing Your Content” section in our Terms of Service.)
Reviewing and Updating Your Personal Information
You will be able at any time to review, modify or update information included in your user's profile by logging in to your user account on the Snoox Web site and selecting "Profile Setting".
Opt-Out Options and Unsubscribing
Snoox may send you, from time to time, email communications, with news and updates about the Service or other products, as well as other marketing communications and promotional offers. If you do not wish to receive from us such marketing communications, you can opt-out, at any time, by sending us an email to emailunsubscribe@Snoox.com requesting removal of your email address from any such mailing lists. Please be sure to include your full name and email address and indicate what type of marketing communications you do not wish to receive any longer. If applicable, you may also opt out receiving marketing communications from us by following instructions on our email communications explaining how to unsubscribe from the email mailing lists of Snoox. We will take appropriate steps to fulfill your request; however, it may take a few days or longer to process your request during which you may still receive marketing communications from us. Snoox reserves the right to send you notices about your account, even if you opt-out of all email notifications.
If you decide to terminate your account with us, you may do so by sending us an email to support@Snoox.com specifying your request and providing us with your name and email address. If you terminate your account, your profile will be removed from the Service, however, deletion may not be immediate and Snoox may continue keeping your personal information in its records for billing purposes, audits and other administrative purposes.
The Service may contain links to third parties' web sites. While we attempt to provide links to sites that value your privacy, we cannot be responsible for the content or privacy policies of such sites. We encourage you to carefully review the privacy policies of such third parties' Web sites linked or provided through the Service prior to any use of such Web sites.
If you choose to refer a friend to the Service, we will ask you to provide your friend's email address. This information will be used only to send a one-time message to your friend inviting him or her to register with the Service.
In the conduct of our business, we may sell certain of our assets. Information collected from users of the Service, including personal information, could be transferred as part of such transaction. By submitting your personal information through the Service, you agree that your information may be transferred to third parties under such or similar circumstances.
How to Contact Us